Resident Evil 4

Und noch etwas:

Ben Judd, AKA benjuddkooka (VIP - User has been confirmed as an employee or authorized representative of a game developer or publisher.) said this:

Originally Posted by benjuddkooka:
Let's talk about the word exclusivity...

Well, I realize that as an employee of Capcom, I am throwing myself to the wolves by even coming here at this time...

But just allow me to mention 2 facts about the gaming industry that you may all not know. After I have you can tear me a new one all you want.

1. The word exclusive is usually never defined as more than 6 months. Sony sees it this way. Microsoft sees it this way. And so does Nintendo. Having a PS2 verison out 1 year later is more than enough time to give all those Game cube owners a chance to play it long before any other hardware owner. I am a hardcore gamer and I personally can't wait 2 weeks for a gamer to go to a lower price structure (I have to have it on the day it is released) so I couldn't wait a month much less a year.

2. Games are costing more and more to make. Now, please think back to Mikami's personal feelings (and interviews) of the past. Do you really think he is just in it for the money? The answer is no. Look at Capcom's financials for the last 2 years. Not a pretty picture. At one point as a business, you have to choose whether to be proud and go out of business or to be realistic and perhaps alienate a few hard-core fans.

As always, I know a lot of people are disappointed by this decision and I can truly understand that. But please understand that Capcom has supported the cube over the favorite and taken financial hits over and over for it so I hope some of the hardcore gamers out there can respect the company for sticking to their guns as long as possible.

In closing, I can say that the game is absolutely amazing and probably the best in the series and... any game created on a specific platform will be optimized for that it... (just common sense really).

Ok. I'm done... so FIRE away.
There are several reasons for the GC not selling. Some of them can be linked to Nintendo. Others not.

It's all about the money? Go ask 3DO... how about BAM? What about their employees? No?

I have worked for a business that went under and it's not a pretty sight... You do what you need to... to get by. Now if we are going to start smearing games for changing their mind about platforms... then we had better jump on DVD makers and all the multiple special versions they put out. And let's not stop there. Let's all forget that they entertainment industry is extremely risky and that you can be here one day and gone the next... Lets forget that music, movies, and games all abide by these rules... Lets escape from reality into a morally perfect utopia where none of us lie and we are all perfect beings...

Ah, that'll be the day...
Actually, define the word "love" based on a dictionary. Now tell me if that is actually how you percieve the word? It probably isn't because definitions must be taken in context. Exclusive, in the business world (and gaming world for that matter) never means FOREVER. I have seen so many EXCLUSIVE screen shots from so many gaming magazines that appear 2 months later in other mags... Point being, exclusive means that you get it first and it is exclusive for that time frame. I don't know of many games that do remain exclusive forever... common sense would said in the past exclusive rarely meant that and the wording has been fairly ambigious... although originally this was the intention... as the market changes, you must change to survive. Simple as that.
There are reasons for all decisions. Few people seem to be thinking rationally.

Is Capcom only in it for the money? Yes... that and they like making games.

Are other companies doing it for the art? No. Sorry guys, they are in it for the money as well. No artists here.

Does Capcom gain anything by intentionally stabbing Nintendo in the back? No. We don't gain anything by stabbing ANY hardware maker in the back. Without them all the 3rd parties in the world mean nothing.

Is there a reason for the announcement now? Yes.

Can I tell that to you? No. Sorry, but the second a company is traded publicly, their image (that is, their financial PERCEPTION) becomes extremely important. Some info can go public... other never can. So who killed JFK again?

Why did Capcom say it was NEVER coming to the PS2 a BILLION times (ahh, I love how badly people spaz out and exaggerate) and then in the end move over to PS2?

Back then no one thought it would. That was the game plan. Somewhere along the line, the production values may have slipped? Delays may have plagued the product. Maybe someone said, you can release the game as it and have it only be 80 percent done, or you can bring out a PS2 version and finish the game 100% the way you think it needs to be. I don't know. Lots of theories. I do know that this decision didn't come easy and that it definitely doesn't make anyone a liar.

You know, most of you board members that have jumped off the deep end so quickly instead of looking on the bright side, really need to look at yourselves and your life. A lie is something you intentionally do knowing it is not the truth. For every time the producer or director answered an interview, they were never "lying" to you. Now that a PS2 version is coming out, it turns out they were WRONG... something that was unforeseeable and uncontrollable by them alone. Not a lie... a mistake. If you are going to rage and spaz out, then at least do it under the right context.

To err is human, to forgive is divine. But those are lessons you learn later in life... I hope.

Happy holidays.
The hardware specs are what they are. I can't say one thing or the other but try comparing VJ1 on GC and PS2. You may notice some minor differences. Any game that is initially developed for a single piece of hardware is going to look best on that hardware... ports usually don't. But that is merely common sense. Since the PS2 version is coming out so much later if is also common sense that additional content must be added or sales will suffer for sure.

Hey, to each his own. If people insist on defining a lie as an act in which you do something different from what you said (whether you knew about it or not) then I guess that pretty much makes the whole world liars since we have all done something different from what we said due to extenuating circimstances at one time in our life.

Sorry folks, very simple concept. Lie = intentional. Mistake/Accident = unintentional.

And if you plan to just ignore a person's free will and their intention as an important factor in judging their behavior then I just hope you don't get married or have kids...
Aus dem GU-Forum.

hehe.... ganz genau. Ich als großer Resi-Evil-Fan will jetzt natürlich auch noch RE ZERO und RE I: REMAKE für die PS2. Dann ist alles perfekt. :)
Schließlich erscheinen ja noch neben Resident Evil 4 nächstes Jahr für PS2 zwei weitere Resi-Spiele bzw. Teile mit "Resident Evil: Outbreak File#2" und den bereits in der PLAY ZONE vor einigen Monaten angekündigten "Resident Evil: Dead Aim 2". :) Also, wie könnte es da noch besser kommen, wenn nun auch diese beiden Resi-GC-Exklusiv-Titel für PS2 kommen?! *gg* Hoffen wir mal das Beste...
CAPCOM, wir warten auf die nächsten freudigen Botschaften und News eurerseits. :D

Hehe, ich glaube nicht dass das Der fall sein wird.
Da Capcom den Exclusiv Vertrag mit Nintendo hat.
Also RE remake und Ø werden wahrscheinlich Exclusiv bleiben.
Bei RE 4 ist das so ne sache, weil es ja nicht die gleiche version wie auf dem Cube ist, verstößt dass ja nicht gegen den Vertrag von daher macht das nicht viel aus.
Ich denke nicht dass Capcom Remake und Ø noch Umproggen wird um es auf der PS 2 rauszubringen.

Vielleicht ja auch nicht für PS2, sondern für PS3. Durchaus möglich wie ich finde, dass sie an der Story wieder nur etwas anderes bzw. kleines verändern müssten und dann würde es hinhauen. Wie geldgeil sie im Moment abgestempelt werden, ist dies nach RE 4 sicherlich auch machbar/möglich.

Sicherlich nicht. Aber was laufen denn noch für weitere Verträge?! Für Capcom wären alle Vertragsauflösungen doch nur gut, da sie dann die Spiele auf alle Systemen präsent machen können. Dieses PN 04 war danoch und was ist noch exklusiv? Killer 7 und Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2ja auch schon nimmer mehr.

hehe... ich komme immer mit PN 04 und PN 03 durcheinander. *lölZ* :D
Naja, von der Exklusivität ist somit ja nur noch ein Titel für Cubus übriggeblieben. Alles andere ist nun auch für PS2. Und ich wäre mir nicht so sicher, dass dieses P.N. 03 exklusiv bleiben wird. Wer weiss, wer weiss..
Aber Capcom hat auch noch einen Vertrag über Exklusivität mit Microsoft über Dino Crisis. War das nur über einen Teil oder wie lange`? Auch aufgelöst? Wer weiss dazu etwas genaueres?

Also sry, aber die von euch veröffentlichen Bilder zur PS2-version von RE4 halte ich nicht für echt. ;)
Keine anderen Buttons, genau die selbe Position von allem, was auch schon vor einiger Zeit von der GC-version zu sehen war, wie z.B. bei diesem Bild.

Etwas vorschnell, .ram? ;) :roll:

Edit:

Zwei User, die auf der AGS waren, schreiben im GA-Forum folgendes:

]i come form hong kong~~~

HK Asia Game Show 2005 Capcom is showing gamecube version BH4...not PS2...
yep. I can confirm what dannie said. The BH4 demo at the AGS in Hong Kong was a GC version running at Capcom's booth. The PSP and GT4 were Sony's main things at the show. In comparison the Capcom booth was small and BH4 was only running on two TVs, it drew big crowds still and I saw quite a few preordering the US version (you can tell since they get the BioHazard umbrella).
GU

Warum sollten diese denn nicht echt sein?! Es sind die vollkommen normalen Screenshots zum Spiel, die im Netz so derzeitig herumschwirren. Egal ob nun GameCube oder PS2. Es kommt für beide heraus. Also gehen auch die Cubus-Screens in der Gallerie vollkommen in Ordnung. Screens der PS2-Version sind nunmal derzeit bzw. bisher immernoch sehr spärlich gesät, trotz bereits spielbarer PS2-Version.

Sry, aber wenn man auf einer PS2-Seite eine News zur PS2-Version eines Spieles bringt, und dann noch Screens dazu stellt, dann erwarte ich Screens der jeweiligen Version...

So passieren nämlich herrlich schöne Missgeschicke, die sich durch eine Menge Foren ziehen, und man hat dann Mühe, alles wieder richtig zu stellen.

Original von Pry

Wenn´s aber noch keine gibt... :wink:
Dann lässt man Bilder mal weg?

Und es steht ja dabei, wenn´s Cube-Screens sind.
Sehe ich bei eurer [Haupt-]News zwar nicht, aber egal. Noch dazu, wo geschrieben steht [Zitat]: "wir erwarten erste Erfahrungsberichte / Bilder in den nächsten Stunden."

Tja, und da die News schon etwas länger da stand [immerhin sechs Stunden], habe ich gedacht, es kamen endlich Bilder, und die wären es...

Zumahl ja jetzt eigentlich festehen könnte [bedingt durch die zwei User bei GA], das es garkeine Demo zur PS2-Version gab...

Original von America`s Most Wanted

Sry, aber wenn man auf einer PS2-Seite eine News zur PS2-Version eines Spieles bringt, und dann noch Screens dazu stellt, dann erwarte ich Screens der jeweiligen Version...

So passieren nämlich herrlich schöne Missgeschicke, die sich durch eine Menge Foren ziehen, und man hat dann Mühe, alles wieder richtig zu stellen.
Es schon durchaus möglich. Wenn es aber leider, sowie es derzeit trotz bereits spielbarer Fassung auch ist, immernoch keine Screens zur PS2-Version gibt, kann man diese nunmal leider nicht posten. Doch die Ps2-Fans und Zocker wollen auch mit RE4-News, Screens & Videos gefüttert werden. Also ist es auch unsere Aufgabe, ihnen diese News zu bieten. Allerdings sollte schon drunter stehen, dass es sich um Screens der Cubus-Fassung handelt, damit alles klar ist. Wurde ich auch einmal beim Posten der News drauf hingewiesen und hab es dann seitdem auch immer auf ein Neues drunter geschrieben.

.ram

Editor in Chief
Team-Mitglied
PSN-Name: dethforce
Original von America`s Most Wanted

Original von Pry

Wenn´s aber noch keine gibt... :wink:
Dann lässt man Bilder mal weg?

Und es steht ja dabei, wenn´s Cube-Screens sind.
Sehe ich bei eurer [Haupt-]News zwar nicht, aber egal. Noch dazu, wo geschrieben steht [Zitat]: "wir erwarten erste Erfahrungsberichte / Bilder in den nächsten Stunden."

Tja, und da die News schon etwas länger da stand [immerhin sechs Stunden], habe ich gedacht, es kamen endlich Bilder, und die wären es...

Zumahl ja jetzt eigentlich festehen könnte [bedingt durch die zwei User bei GA], das es garkeine Demo zur PS2-Version gab...
hahaha........ich hab das auch im GAF gelesen. die frage stellt sich nur, glaubt man lieber zwei n-fanboys und magicbox disser, oder eben der seite?

slbst wenn sich rausstellen sollte, dass die meldung so nicht stimmt (was sich ja von hier schlecht recherchieren lässt), ist es eigentlich wurscht. resident evil 4 kommt für ps2 und nintendo fanbots können heulen soviel sie wollen.

@ Sir Manau: Dann solltet ihr das mal langsam ändern. Zumahl ich nicht ganz den Sinn verstehe, wieso PS2-Besitzer mit GC-Material "gefüttert" werden sollen. Da können sie genauso gut auf Nintendo-Seiten gehen. Dort stimmen wenigstens die Bilder...

Edit: Wie wäre es z.B. mit den schönen Lauten: "Zur Einstimmung ein paar Bilder der GameCube-Version von Resident Evil 4."?

Original von .ram

hahaha........ich hab das auch im GAF gelesen. die frage stellt sich nur, glaubt man lieber zwei n-fanboys und magicbox disser, oder eben der seite?
Das solltest du Pry fragen, der bei AXB-Diskusionen auch schon des öfteren auf GAF-User verwiesen hat [natürlich um die Wahrheit und "Fakten" in Sachen Akkulaufzeit der PSP zu bestätigen].

resident evil 4 kommt für ps2
Nur nicht mit diesen Bildern...