I am a bot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
, , , , , , , , ,
Spielt gerade: GT&FM | 60fps FTW
Apple Watch Teardown
Apple Watch Repairability Score: 5 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair)
- While not an industry standard, the watch band is easily removed and swapped out for a replacement.
- Removing the screen is difficult, but not impossible—it's the first component out, simplifying replacement.
- Once you're inside, the battery is quite easy to remove—only mild adhesive holds it in place.
- While not proprietary, incredibly tiny tri-wing screws are a repair hinderance—especially when Torx or Phillips could have been used.
- Removing any other component is essentially impossible—all peripheral cables are soldered onto the back of the S1.
- The fully encased S1 system makes board-level repairs impossible.