The PlayStation Beta Rooms!

Da ich kein Thread gefunden habe der irgendwie dazu passend könnte, habe ich es mal eben kurzerhand hier reingestellt ggf. ist es ja fuer den einen oder anderen von Interesse.

Who likes gaming?

SCE UK and the EN PlayStation Community Team are teaming up to bring you a super-special gaming event for all you hardcore gamers out there. Its name?

The PlayStation Beta Rooms.

From Friday 30th July - Sunday 1st August, we're turning a secret Central Birmingham venue into a gamer's paradise. Check out this blurb from SCE UK:

“PlayStation BETA is our access all areas community for gamers. It’s an opportunity for us to reward you guys with trials of titles way ahead of release, invitations to exclusive content and an array of prizes to further enhance your gaming experience.

We’re inviting you to come and prove yourself on games before they’re released, battle it out with the best of the best, win awesome prizes, and speak face to face with your gaming heroes. While other people can only talk about future games, you can be launching yourself into them for real at our first ever BETA event in Birmingham.

So what kind of crumbling apocalyptic cities can you race through and what kind of power struggles can you get caught up in? For a taster of what’s about to be unleashed on the market, you can sample all of these at the event: Killzone 3, GT5, MotorStorm Apocalypse, LBP2, The Fight, Kung Fu Rider, Sports Champions, Heavy Rain Move Edition and many more.

We’ll even stage a MotorStorm Apocalypse tournament. The prize? The champion of each session not only escapes a natural catastrophe but also wins a Sony 3DTV. And if you can’t dodge enough flying concrete to claim a prize, don’t curl up in shame as there are limited edition take homes for everyone. And there’s free food and drink throughout, to fuel your shooting/racing/zombie addiction.

So if you want to thrust yourself into games no one else can get their hands on at the BETA event in Birmingham, sign up now"

You're itching already, right?

The event is open to UK residents. To secure a place for you and a friend, send us an email on betarooms@scee.net before Monday 26th July along with your preferred date. You can choose from the following sessions:
Saturday 31st July: 6pm- 10pm
Sunday 1st August:
12pm- 4pm
Places are offered on a first-come, first served basis so don't hang about. Don’t worry, we’ll be confirming venue details nearer the time but if you want to check out travel information, it’s within a mile of Birmingham New Street station.
Quelle: Direktlink

PSN-Name: reep_
Spielt gerade: verrückt
Ich bin dabei!!! in Birmingham!!!! Verehrt mich!! :D

edit:
ey, hat jemand ne gute idee, was ich die entwickler so fragen könnte? Wenn ich was bestimmtes fragen soll - schreibts hier rein =)

Zuletzt editiert:
TSA At PlayStation Beta Rooms

We brought you the news regarding the PlayStation Beta Rooms a couple of weeks ago, and it was met with a mixed reaction. Essentially Sony is allowing a limited number of people access to some of their upcoming games. Whilst this sounds incredibly generous, Sony employees will be gathering thoughts and opinions throughout the night which – hopefully – will shape the final versions of these games.

Being the super cool team that we are, Sony asked us to pop down yesterday evening to a Beta Rooms press event to see what we thought. I took up the mantle on behalf of TSA – which involved nine hours worth of driving, four hours worth of games playing, and ten cans of red bull and coke. Here are my thoughts on the games that were made available.

Killzone 3

This game is a beast. It assaults you visually, aurally and mentally. I get the feeling that if you played this game through a surround sound set up, you’d blow your damn house down.

The demo Sony turned up with allowed you to play through three small snippets of the game – one assault on the Helghast level, one jetpack level and one balls out, kill everything that moves and then kill it again with a rocket launcher level.

Gunplay feels weighty and very satisfying, and there are some fantastic subtle details like the Helghast’s clothes being ripped to shreds by some of the heavier artillery.

Graphically it’s looking fantastic and I’m looking forward to seeing if they can push the boundaries even further.

One way to describe the 3D version of the game is ‘subtle.’ Another way would be ‘downright disappointing.’ Hopefully this will get turned up a notch, because I was expecting a lot more.

Gran Turismo 5

It’s good – but you were expecting that right? The car handling is spot on; the computer controlled cars are more aggressive; the graphics are sublime and the day/night cycle is an interesting feature. I’m not going to go on about this game too much – you already know you want it.

The 3D has been nicely implemented in Gran Turismo 5. Whilst not as subtle as Killzone 3, it doesn’t make you yelp in terror every time a bit of dust is kicked up.

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Think back – when was the last time a game made you swear in surprise? Motorstorm Apocalypse made me say a big “holy sh*t” – and that’s all down to the 3D implementation. Whilst Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5 caress and hug your eyes, Motorstorm Apocolypse slaps you round the face, pulls down your trousers and laughs at you. It’s amazing. The first time a car exploded and a wheel came flying towards the screen both myself and the person next to me ducked out the way. This is the game that will persuade you to nip down to Currys and pick up that shiny new 3D TV.

That leaves the big question though – without 3D, does the game hold up? At the moment I don’t think it does, mainly due to a few key issues. There is far too much happening on screen at any one time - which causes unavoidable, frustrating crashes. The game also seems to lack a sense of speed at the moment which I find really confusing. The throttle trigger is fully depressed, the car’s engine is making all the right ‘look I’m so fast’ noises, but it just doesn’t feel right. A few people noticed this, and I hope it’s just the car class that was in the demo.

One really odd addition is pedestrians who you can run down and kill. Why? Why is a Motorstorm game allowing you to kill people? I don’t like this; it adds nothing but a higher age rating on the box.

LittleBigPlanet 2

Is it wrong to declare love for a game? If it isn’t, then I love LittleBigPlanet 2. The co-op demo level is the same as the gameplay trailer that was released a few days ago – and it’s a real gem. The grapple is a real nice touch and allows some smooth transitions between platforms, and the jumping seems to feel less ‘floaty’ than in the original LittleBigPlanet.

Dead Nation

This would be the result if Left4Dead and Robotron had a baby. Dead Nation is an old school shooter heading for the PSN that provides a fair amount of enjoyment if played in small doses.
You run from checkpoint to checkpoint blasting zombies with various weapons, before inevitably being overrun and killed – grrr.

An impressive number of zombies are displayed on screen at the same time, and the frame rate doesn’t miss a beat.

The only real complaint is that the weapons lack any real impact. If I blast something with a shotgun I want them to know about it, but as it stands I could be firing washcloths.

Heavy Rain Move Edition

Once everyone had got passed sniggering over being able to towel dry Madison using motion control, there is actually a very good control scheme in place. It takes a short while to re-wire your brain in to using the Move, but once you do it becomes second nature. Will Heavy Rain be worth replaying just to use the new controls? I don’t think so – but I’m sure a lot of people will disagree.

Kung Fu Rider

Who was smoking what when this game was thought up? You ride various objects (pink wooden Bambi anyone?) down a course using the Move to steer left and right. Flicking up lets you jump over obstacles, whilst holding the trigger allows you to duck. At various points men in suits will try to stop you, so you have to kick them. Did I actually dream this?

Kung Fu Rider is fun, but I’m not sure how much variation there is and it all seems a bit easy - I managed to ‘S Rank’ three of the levels in the demo whilst downing a can of Red Bull and Coke.

Saying that, the Move controls are slick and responsive. Good harmless enjoyment.

Eat Them

Oh dear. I really dislike being negative regarding a game, after all, someone’s put time and effort into it – but Eat Them has a lot of problems that need ironing out before its PSN debut in October.

You take control of one of several monsters, and your aim is to destroy a city and cause as much mayhem as possible. Unfortunately destroying a building results in some ridiculous slowdown and some serious lag from pressing the fire button, to something actually happening. Add in some annoying invisible walls, and this isn’t a particularly fun game as it stands.

Sports Champions

Access was given to the ‘Frisbee golf’ and ‘Table Tennis’ parts of the game – and both impressed in terms of showing off the Move’s level of accuracy.

Frisbee golf requires you to toss a Frisbee until you hit a designated marker. It sounds stupid, but is very addictive. The Move allows you to tilt the Frisbee, and sense the power you put behind each throw.

Table Tennis is…well it’s Table Tennis, and very accurate at that. In fact, most people spent their first few tries missing the ball completely because it is true 1:1 control.

It’s a shame the other games in Sports Champion weren’t unlocked – but what was on display was good stuff.

The Fight

I’ll be upfront; I didn’t rate this game very highly at all. I was expecting fluid seamless controls, what I got was a slightly sluggish bout of fisticuffs that didn’t seem to calibrate properly, no matter what I tried. Good for working up a sweat though, but expect the Daily Mail to be outraged.

The Move and Navigation controllers

Very interesting bits of kit. They have a good weight to them but never feel heavy; and they are ergonomically very nice.

The calibration process was always simple and never took more than a matter of seconds, and on the whole I was impressed.

Overall

A good event, but also one that proves that whilst Sony is pushing the Move, motion control is in no way essential to have an amazing gaming experience. Move or not, the next twelve months are looking pretty sweet for PS3 owners.

If you are heading down to the Beta Rooms today or tomorrow, you’re in for a treat – enjoy it! Those who can’t make it, don’t fret – Sony has said that this is but one of many, a point that was brought up during my various conversations with the Sony bods yesterday.
Quelle: Direktlink

crysmopompas

I am a bot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
Spielt gerade: GT7 | 60fps FTW
One really odd addition is pedestrians who you can run down and kill. Why? Why is a Motorstorm game allowing you to kill people? I don’t like this; it adds nothing but a higher age rating on the box.
Ich würde das gerne im Spiel sehen, kann mir aber fast nicht vorstellen, daß es das in's finale Produkt schafft.

Heutzutage sind solche Späße leider oft nicht mehr drin, wenn durch die erhöhte Alterfreigabe potentielle Kunden verloren gehen und das Spiel auch so funktioniert.

systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
PSN-Name: AngelVsMadman
Nun es ist eine Sachen, wenn (was in 3D recht witzig sein soll) die Leute kurz an der Scheibe kleben & dabei ein sehr erstauntes Gesicht machen, aber warum Leute niederfahren. So etwas brauchte ich schon in GTA nicht & da kann man wirklich damit argumentieren, dass es einfach dazu gehört.

Ich hoffe sie bekommen noch die Kurve mit Eat Them. Das hörte sich einfach so genial an, da wäre es wirklich schade, wenn man so ein Spiel zu früh auf den Markt wirft & scheitert.

Das ist Kung Fu Rider

Wird total Banane, könnte aber kurzzeitig Spaß machen :D
Das Spiel macht auch kurzzeitig keinen Spaß^^

Also... das Spiel wird lediglich mit dem Move Controller gespielt. Ihr müsst in die Richtung zeigen, wo euer Stuhl hinfahren soll. Per Knopfdruck auf den Move-Button macht euer Charackter eine Drehung und Tritt Gegner, die euch anhalten wollen aus dem Weg. Wenn ihr den Controller nach Oben reisst, hüpft ihr mit dem Stuhl und könnt z.B. Grinds und andere Tricks ausführen.

Beim Spiel bekam man dieses typische Wii-Spielgefühl. Damit meine ich: OK. Ich weiss, ich sehe bescheuert aus, während ich Spiele, die Grafik ist Mist, Das Spiel ist Sinnlos und Spaß habe ich auch keinen.

So gings mir übrigens mit fast jedem Move Spiel. Das fighting Spiel war noch ganz OK, jedoch war der Rest der Spiele... naja... Wii Spiele eben. casual crap.

Was da schon deutlich mehr überzeugt hat, war Heavy Rain! Die Steuerung war Super mit Move! Wenn Ihr Textauswahlen habt, könnt ihr diese nun, ähnlich wie am PC mit einer Maus, mit dem Move Pointer auswählen. Und es wird endlich mit dem Stick gelaufen. Kein nerviges R2 gedrücke zum Laufen mehr. Die Abfrage der Bewegungen mit dem Controller funktionierte auch Super.

Also ich denke Heavy Rain würde ich sicher nochmal mit dem Move Controller durchspielen!

Eat Them war meines erachtens nach auch nicht so der Brüller... Vielleicht wurde es aber auch einfach zu früh gezeigt.

Die Schwachpunkte des Spiels fangen an bei der Steuerung, die alles andere als eingängig ist, und gehen weiter bei ständigem Ruckeln, selbst wenn nur wenig auf dem Bildschirm los ist.

Ziel des Spiels ist es, als haushohes Monster, möglichst viel Schaden in der Stadt anzurichten. Klingt ja eigentlich garnicht so schlecht. Zu Beginn jeder Runde steht ihr direkt in der Mitte des von euch ausgewählten Stadtbezirks (die sich alle nicht wirklich von einander unterscheiden). Viel ist dann noch nicht los. Erst wenn ihr beginnt die Häuser zu zertreten, zerschlagen, zerstampfen, mit Raketen zu befeuern, und und und, beginnen die kleinen Einwohner der Stadt damit sich mit Panzern und Hubschraubern zu wehren.
Gegen diese müsst Ihr euch dann verteidigen und trotzdem versuchen die Stadt in Schutt und Asche zu legen. Eure Lebensenergie füllt Ihr durch das futtern von Menschen auf - was auch einen Kritikpunkt aufwirft: Der Akt des Menschen suchens, greifens und essens geht viel zu Langsam von statten. Das Spielerlebnis wird deutlich gebremst und man hat das Gefühl: Während ich den Typen gefressen habe, hat mir der Panzer, der mich weiter beschossen hat, doppelt so viel abgezogen, wie ich von dem Typen an Lebensenergie bekommen habe. Hinzu kommen die bereits erwähnten Schwächen, wie das dauernde Ruckeln und die zwar interessant aussehende, aber dennoch (noch) schwache Grafik, die auf jeden Fall noch ein paar Runden Anti Aliasing benötigen würde. Hier muss man einfach abwarten, was die Entwickler noch daraus machen.

Was wirklich Klasse war, war Dead Nation. Dieses Spiel hat mich gefesselt. Es geht einfach tiefer als andere Genre Vertreter. Ihr könnt (und müsst) eure Waffen und Rüsungen ständig upgraden. Dies erfordert Geld, welches Ihr zum Einen für das töten von Zombies bekommt, als auch für das in die Luft jagen von beispielsweise Tankstellen und das durchsuchen von Autos oder Kisten. Die Levels sind in mehrere Abschnitte Unterteilt, welche gleichzeitig Checkpoints darstellen, an denen Ihr eben auch die Upgrades kauft und speichern könnt. Ein Abschnitt dauert etwa 10 bis 15 Minuten und pro Level gibt es etwa 3-4 davon. An Waffen standen in der von mir gespielten Version ein Automatikgewehr mit Unendlich Munition zur Verfügung, ein schnelles, aber schwaches SMG, eine Shotgun sowie diverse Sprengwaffen. Davon gab es Minen, Granaten, Dynamit und natürlich Molotov Cocktails. Mir persönlich haben die Minen Super gefallen! Stellt euch vor Ihr lauft Rückwärts weg von den Zombies und ballert sie dabei weiter ab. Dann lasst ihr eine Mine fallen. Die Zombies sind dann natürlich durchgelaufen und verwandelten sich in einen herrlichen Regen aus Körperteilen und Blut.
Abwechslung gab es auch bei den Zombies selbst: So gab es z.B. Fette Zombies, die mehr einsteckten, kleine und somit schnellere Zombies, "normale" Zombies und so weiter. Hier bin ich wirklich sehr gespannt, was sich die Entwickler noch haben einfallen lassen.

Zuletzt editiert:
systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
Könntest du (wenn du Zeit hast) vlt noch kurz deinen Eindruck zu den versch. Spielen zusammenfassen. Konntest du vlt Eat Them anzocken (das Spiel interessiert mich sehr) und wie das Prügelspiel (The Fight Lights out)? Ich habe gelesen, dass MOVE nur sehr träge funktionieren soll.

Hab meinen Post editiert ;)

Zum Prügelspiel:
Ich hab es 2 mal versucht. Und jedesmal wurden die Controller nicht richtig erkannt bei mir. Ich glaube, dass die Räumlichen gegebenheiten einfach blöd waren. Z.b. hat mein linker Arm nie funktioniert. Dadurch artete das bei mir etwa so aus, wie es Kevin Butler mal in einem Werbespot gezeigt hat: in reinem Gefuchtel.

Bei anderen habe ich jedoch gesehen, wie es wunderbar funktioniert hat. Hängt also wohl doch stark mit der Beleuchtung und der Kalibriereung zusammen... Für mich persönlich war das Spiel jedenfalls nur unwesentlich besser als die Wii- Pentants. Ich nehme aber Stark an, dass das mehr an der Licht Umgebung, mir und der blöden Tussi lag, die die von mir genutzte Spielstation betreut hat.

Ok danke. Hm ich hoffe mal die bessern bei Eat Them noch richtig nach. Mir wäre es auch egal, wenn die Grafik kein Brüller wird & AA komplett fehlt. Muss nur flüssig laufen, wenn möglich kein Tearing & die Spielgeschwindigkeit muss stimmen (also das Menschenfuttern).

Ich hab nur mal kurz GT5 in 3D gespielt... kann also nich soo viel dazu sagen. Die Grafik sah Super aus. Das 3D gab einem etwas mehr das Gefühl wirklich IM auto zu sitzen.

Framerate war absolut Stabil, kann jedoch nicht sagen obs jetzt 30 oder 40 waren. Aber auf jeden Fall schön flüssig.

Mir ist Gran Turismo eben einfach zu träge... aber so weit ich weiss gehört das da dazu.. kann da also nicht zu viel dazu sagen