PlayStation 4

Wann wird die PS4 angekündigt?

• Destination PlayStation (Ende Februar)

Votes: 44 28,4%
  • GDC (Ende März)

Votes: 22 14,2%
  • E3 2013 (Mitte Juni)

Votes: 53 34,2%
  • Eigenes Event

Votes: 36 23,2%

• Total voters

crysmopompas

I am a bot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
Spielt gerade: GT7 | 60fps FTW
[Speculation - Misleading Title]PS2 classics are finally happening.

So, a bit of backstory. You have may have remembered that a while back, Sony revealed that the Star Wars PS4 bundles would include, alongside Battlefront. 4 classic Star Wars games, 1 SNES {Which we'll get onto later} and, more importantly, 3 PS2 games.
So, they came out today. Albeit exclusive to the bundle. While i don't own the bundle, i was able to find a Twitch streamer {This dude: http://twitch.tv/adrian595juan So go and thank him for this discovery. his PSN ID is the same as his Twitch ID. So you can also check that if you want proof he was actually playing it.} streaming it.
So... What i did learn from him?
The game still shows the PS2 Controller in the options menu! {Sorry for the bad quality.}
I highly doubt Sony would approve of a port so lazy, that it still shows the PS2 controller in menus. So most likely, it's running on a PS2 emulator. A PS2 emulator that just so happens to have been heavily rumored since launch. With evidence like...

So how does Super Star Wars tie into this? Well, It's the only game in the classic Bundle that was properly released on the PSN store this week. Which leads me to believe that Sony is deliberately delaying the rest, to be released when they properly reveal PS2 classic support.
TL;DR: The PS2 Star Wars games in the PS4 bundle appear to be running on the heavily rumored PS2 classics emulator, and their release outside the bundle has been suspiciously delayed.
Edit: Since the thread just reached NeoGAF, i suppose i should take some time to answer a few questions from there.
Wait, do they actually run at a higher resolution? I'll definitely pick up Bounty Hunter if they've put some work into it.
Seems like it, while they didn't change the aspect ratio on any of these (So no added Widescreen) There's a screenshot that got leaked on Twitter several hours before i found the stream: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT4wDZ8VAAAR9-b.png:orig Which looks like it's rendering at a higher resolution than the original. Doesn't seem there's any anti-aliasing, though. Though that might just be Twitter compression screwing up the image. Here's that dude's twitter profile: https://twitter.com/ExtremeGamer/status/666022632429498369
I didn't think it was nice to copy and paste the users whole post, I'll just add yours to the op
No dude, i don't really care. The other dude's post seems like a better explanation. though.
It just proves that they have a working emulator and that the game is an exact disc iso. The games I assume are wrapped in an emulator similar to the Arcade Archives. Having trophies shows that they are able to watch memory addresses just like the Arcade Archives.
Really though? You think they'd just make a PS2 emulator for those 3 titles and absolutely nothing else? I highly doubt Sony would just leave it dormant. Especially considering the PEGI ratings for other PS2 titles on PS4.
Spiel zeigt PS2 Kontroller, hat kein Widescreensupport, sind zumindest Hinweise auf Emulation. Oder einen schnellen Port :ugly:.

---------- Beitrag um 17:54 Uhr hinzugefügt ---------- Vorheriger Beitrag um 17:49 Uhr ----------

None say "PS2 Classic" etc, but when you boot it up, the PlayStation 2 logo pops-up like it did on the original system. It's definitely using a PS2 wrapper, and performance seemed really good in what I played. 'Select' and 'Start' are mapped to the right and left side of the touchpad as in the past, and the Share button works for both screenshots and video
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185921687&postcount=14
+ PS2 Bootlogo

Zuletzt editiert:

crysmopompas

I am a bot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
Spielt gerade: GT7 | 60fps FTW
Digital Foundry: Hands-on with PS4's PlayStation 2 emulation
Increased resolution, faster performance, trophy support.

It's been a long time since we first reported that classic PS1 and PS2 titles were heading to PlayStation 4, running under emulation. It's been so long in fact, that we began to wonder whether Sony had shelved the project. The company originally informed developers of the existence of the emulator at the same time it briefed them on the planned rollout for the PlayStation Now cloud service, way back in January 2014.
As it happens, the PlayStation 4's PS2 emulator is now available, released with no fanfare whatsoever. A new PS4 Star Wars bundle has been released, including a package of four 'classic' franchise titles: Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter, Star Wars: Racer Revenge and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. All four titles are supplied via a single PSN code, as opposed to a physical disc included with the hardware. You'll note that three of those titles hail from the PlayStation 2 era, and after we downloaded them, it became clear that all of them are running under emulation.
first impressions suggest that the emulator resolves a native resolution of 1292x896. Two black lines are added top and bottom to the image, before receiving a final upscale up to full 1080p. In effect, we're looking at around 4x the pixel count - possibly higher, depending on the title. Texture filtering also looks improved, but on close inspection we think that the increased quality is probably down to the extra resolution alone.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6TdEstNUg[/ame]

Obviously, these aren't the most testing of games and other titles may perform entirely differently - but imagine Metal Gear Solid 3 with higher frame-rates, the God of War titles running at a locked frame-rate, or Gran Turismo 4 operating without any tearing. We're really looking forward to seeing what this emulator is capable of.
Die ersten beiden gibt's schon als HD Remakes, und letzteres wird wohl wg. aufwendigen Lizenzen nie neu veröffentlicht werden, und für Diskspiele sehe ich leider schwarz.

Zuletzt editiert:
Wäre schon cool, wenn man zumindest PS1, PS2 und PSP Games zusätzlich abspielen könnte.
Habe noch ein paar PS2 Games, auch einige die ich nicht durch habe und würde diese gerne noch mal spielen.
In hübscher wäre es schon nicht verkehrt.

Aber wahrscheinlich wird man den selben Weg gehen wie bei der PS2 und nur digitale Titel als Neukauf anbieten.

systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
PSN-Name: speckfrau
Spielt gerade: das Lied vom Tod
Ist das die Antwort auf MSs Abwärtskompatibilität? Ich bin keine Grafikhure, aber die meisten alten Dinger kann man sich kaum noch anschaun. Wollte die Tage Beyond Good and Evil spielen, nach einigen Minuten hab ich wegen der PS2 Optik und der wirren ;) Musik wieder abgeschalten.

Für PS Now braucht, man soweit ich weiß, schnelles Internet, das klappt leider in meiner Straße noch immer nicht, vielen hier in Deutschland geht es ebenso. Da bin ich mal gespannt ob das im erhofften Maße von Sony angenommen wird. Da lass ich lieber meine PS3 noch ein bisschen am TV stehen und spiel darauf PS3 Klassiker.

systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
PSN-Name: AngelVsMadman
Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen dass die PS2-Emulation eine Antwort auf die AK auf der One ist.
Einerseits hat Sony da schon laut DF vor einem Jahr darüber mit Entwicklern gesprochen, geplant war das also schon vor der One-AK.
Andererseits kann man kaum alte PS2-Titel als wirklich Konkurrenz zu den 360-Titeln sehen.

Ich hätte eher damit gerechnet dass man PS1&2 Sachen nur via Now zocken kann, aber da es schon jetzt mit den 3er Titeln so schleppend läuft und das sehr viel Potential hat das nächste Geld-Grab von SCE zu werden, versucht man hier den praktikableren Weg.

Ich frag mich nur was man langfristig mit dem Gaikai-Team macht.

systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
PSN-Name: Sanguinis83
Spielt gerade: Helldivers 2
Ist schön und gut, aber ich persönlich brauch das nicht. Ich hab zwar noch ein paar PS2 Games rumliegen, aber weder Bock noch Zeit, sie nochmal zu spielen. Außerdem sieht PS2-Grafik auf 40 Zoll und mehr einfach nur nach Augenkrebs aus. Wenn sie alles automatisch hochskalieren auf 1080p und 60fps, sähe die Sache anders aus, aber das glaube ich erst, wenn ich es sehe - als Disk Support. Nochmal kaufe ich die ganzen Sachen bestimmt nicht.

PSN-Name: Tenvel
Ich für meinen Teil finde die PS2 Emulation eher langweilig. Viele der guten PS2 Spiele, wurden als "Remaster" auf die PS3 gebracht (MGS2/3 z.B). Da wäre für mich eine Möglichkeit der PS3 Spiele auf der PS4 zu spielen spannender.

Dann könnte ich z.B meine PS3 abschaffen und nur noch eine Konsole da stehen ;)
Aber gut, jedem seine Meinung. Der PS Now Dienst hört sich toll an, jedoch ist das Internet in DE oftmals ein großes Problem.