crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Benutzerbild von crysmopompas

Spielt gerade: GT&FM | 60fps FTW
Danke vergeben: 2.396
Danke erhalten: 2.137
PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4 PSP VITA 360 XB1 PC AND
Standard

Ja, wäre mit entsperrbarem Bootloader viel interessanter.

30fps is not "very smooth" it's a fucking slideshow. || Give me 60fps or give me death!
crysmopompas ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 26.12.2017, 19:27   #7922
crack-king
Administrator

Benutzerbild von crack-king

Danke vergeben: 3.579
Danke erhalten: 3.605
PS4 PSVR VITA SWITCH PC AND
Standard

Jepp, eigentlich will ich nur ein gut verarbeitetes Tablet, was idealerweise mit stumpfen Android läuft und lange unterstützt wird. Dementsprechend finde ich es so schade, dass Google offenbar momentan kein Interesse an an einem neuen Tablet hat.
crack-king ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 26.12.2017, 19:28   #7923
Planet
50% air, 50% water, glass is always full

Benutzerbild von Planet

PSN Name: PlanetJumble
Danke vergeben: 1.703
Danke erhalten: 2.359
PS4 PSVR VITA AND
Standard

Daran hat Amazon aber so gar kein Interesse, dass Fire HD ist schließlich eher so ein Geschäftsmodell wie Drucker, Gerät günstig, Tinte nur bei Amazon (sofern man nicht genug Ahnung hat um Alternativen zu nutzen).
Alt 29.12.2017, 09:30   #7924
crack-king
Administrator

Benutzerbild von crack-king

Danke vergeben: 3.579
Danke erhalten: 3.605
PS4 PSVR VITA SWITCH PC AND
Standard

Tja, Google hat nun offiziell bestätigt den Verkauf des Pixel C einzustellen. Stattdessen kann man sich ja das tolle Pixelbook ansehen.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/28/go...the-pixelbook/

Das ist ja nett von Google und auch wenn das Pixelbook ein tolles Gerät ist, hat es IMHO 4 Schwächen.

1) Ich kann die Tastatur nicht vom Display trennen
2) Es läuft nicht mit Android
3) Statt 599$ kostet es 999$
4) Es ist nur in den USA erhältlich
crack-king ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 03.01.2018, 00:05   #7925
crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Standard

Der steinige Weg die Kontroller über ein Tablet zu bekommen:

Freeing my tablet (Android hacking, SW and HW)

Zitat:
For the TL;DR crowd: I wanted to run a Debian chroot in my tablet; and there was no open-source rooting process for it. That triggered me enough to have a deeper look at Android, and eventually completely dominate my tablet.

Caveat - a long read... involving both HW and SW;
...but you'll probably learn a thing or two.
Zitat:
Conclusion

There were many points during this journey that I felt really sad. It was as if Android creators absolutely HATED people like me, and did their best to make us suffer; because they group us together with malware authors; and add multiple layers of checks that don't distinguish between the owner of the machine and the developers of applications that run in the machine.

I am NOT a bad guy!... I just want to remain in full control of my OWN hardware...

What makes this sad is that "security" and "freedom" are not mutually exclusive - and Google already knows that this dichotomy is a false one. Their Chromebooks used to have hardware switches that the user had to set by hand, in order to enter "developer mode". This meant the owners of the machines had the freedom to root them, install chroots or native Linux distros, and generally do whatever they want with the hardware they purchased - if they chose to do so and accept the risks involved.

While malware authors still had to face pains like those I described above.

(Not that it stops them, BTW...)

I shudder to think what I will face the next time the HW of my Android tablet or phone dies. The way things are going in the Android ecosystem, freedom to "tinker" will be gone; sacrificed forever in the delusionary altar of "safety-uber-alles".

And if we are going that way... Android might as well be called iOS.

30fps is not "very smooth" it's a fucking slideshow. || Give me 60fps or give me death!
Alt 08.01.2018, 22:41   #7926
crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Standard

Sind die SMS, die in Zusammenhang mit der Bezahlung über den Mobilfunkanbieter verschickt werden, immer kostenlos?
(Einkauf im PlayStore)

Alt 23.01.2018, 04:09   #7927
crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Standard

SMS Backup & Restore hat einen neuen Eigentümer.

Neu: Werbung
Zitat:
WHAT'S NEW

SyncTech Pty Ltd has taken over the development and maintenance of SMS Backup & Restore. Please send any enquiries to support@synctech.com.au or visit http://synctech.com.au
v10.03.102
- Updated the Send Log and Contact Developer screens
- Fixed app crash when sending files from the Send File screen.
v10.03.101
- Added banner ads, can be turned off from Settings.
- Updated contact emails.
Zitat:
SyncTech Pty Ltd has taken over the development and maintenance of SMS Backup & Restore. Please send any enquiries to support@synctech.com.au or visit synctech.com.au
- Updated contact/support details
- Preparations for displaying banner ads (with an opt-out option).
Letzte Version vor der Übernahme:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/syncte...-apk-download/

Alt 03.02.2018, 06:56   #7928
crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Standard

Zitat:
Febraury 1, 2017: News update: PPSSPP temporarily gone from Play Store, OpenGL threading success

PPSSPP (not PPSSPP Gold, for some reason) was suspended by Google from the Play Store for unclear reasons. I am appealing the decision. In the meantime, you can download the APK and install it manually.
http://www.ppsspp.org/

Lustigerweise ist die Bezahlversion noch online.

Alt 06.02.2018, 01:21   #7929
crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Standard

Google’s Material Design UI is Getting Revamped with New Colors, Iconography, and a Focus on Touch
Zitat:
Now, on the eve of Material Design’s fourth anniversary, Google appears to be prepping the next generation of its paper-and-ink-inspired aesthetic: Material Design 2. Precious little information is publicly available about Material Design 2, the existence of which we uncovered this week in new commits in the Chromium Gerrit. We make no claims that it’s a proper successor to the newest Material Design framework, but the commits point to noticeable, if subtle, changes in color palettes, iconography, and touchscreen behavior.
Zitat:
Shortly after this article’s publication, the commit was made private, which potentially means it was meant to be kept secret.

Alt 12.02.2018, 01:19   #7930
crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von crysmopompas Beitrag anzeigen
http://www.ppsspp.org/

Lustigerweise ist die Bezahlversion noch online.

Zitat:
February 6, 2018: Back in the Play Store!

The appeal against the suspension was successful, as expected. We're back!

Alt 14.02.2018, 00:20   #7931
crysmopompas
Pixelzähler

Standard

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...ndroid-device/

Entwickler in den Kommentaren zur Treibersituation bei GPUs:
Zitat:
I'm a developer of The Talos Principle (and Serious Sam). Talos generally works on 835 - on latest drivers. Sad reality on Android is that just saying 835 is not same as saying GF1080 on PC. All GF1080 users on PC (can) have latest drivers. On Android, most devices get drivers that are years (I'm not kidding) old.
And _that_ is the main reason why Talos is still available only on Nvidia: they actually have driver update frequency (and quality!) comparable to that on the PC (which means reported problems are fixed and shipped in weeks, not years) . No one else does (yet). The moment any manufacturer with decent hardware (you'd be surprised how even much lower than 835 can work well on a good driver) starts shipping updates regularly, we will ship the game for that device.
Zitat:
Nonsense. I wish it was true. Then we'd actually make some money off Android. But no, Nvidia is not paying for exclusives. What they are doing is providing excellent drivers and excellent developer technical support, so we can make the game actually _work_ on those devices. No one else does that yet. See my reply above as to why Talos doesn't work on all 835 devices.
You think we wouldn't want the game to be sold for millions of Android devices? You think Nvidia would want to pay as much as that would be worth?
It's the manufacturers of these devices that are shooting themselves and their customers in the foot by not shipping regular updates and not providing fixed drivers even when they do.
Zitat:
It runs on both OpenGL and Vulkan.
The issue is not in optimization. It's in drivers being broken. As in you get garbage on the screen, or it crashes when loading. Not because the game did something wrong, but because anything besides the most basic simple rendering is not even tested in the driver. What the mainstream games (think your Clash Royale, etc) do is to just use the baseline. And even then, some of them (more advanced, I'm guessing eg Asphalt, but I haven't verified) have to just exclude more exotic devices from the support matrix because a random low-end handset manufacturer, even though the chip itself might be an okish Snapdragon, has included an old and broken driver (possibly even miscompiled, and definitely not extensive tested - hey, Angry Birds run, what else do you want?) and don't plan on shipping an update ever.

Just for the reference, Talos uses: floating point render targets with blending, occlusion queries, complex pixel shaders (parallax mapping is on most walls), multi-subpass rendering (which especially on OpenGL where it's not declared, confuses bad drivers), complex dependent texture reads with custom gradients, etc.
We've seen drivers on Android (an don other OSes) break on any of those. On Win/Linux, the problem is quickly rectified by letting the driver vendor know. On OSX, there's only one vendor, and the driver is relatively stable (even if not very good). On Android - there's literally tens of thousands of devices and each is broken in different way, with a vendor that usually doesn't even care to fix it. We are waiting for that situation to improve.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht