Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Greek God

Dynamic Entry into Ark Blast
systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
PSN-Name: Greek-God88
Spielt gerade: Cold Steel

Before the Campaign
-Miriam was Frakenstien/Golem/Homonculous type creature > moved to a Human but Cursed character to make it easier to relate to her
-Miriam was more "sexy" to show off skin for the Crystal Curse > moved to more moderate design as seen
-Game was a globetrotting event (in part because ti was a more publisher friendly model to add DLC) > moved to Castle (for the fans)
-Success of Mighty No. 9 helped Ben convince Iga to jump Konami ship
-Went to all sorts of publishers for a year > got the runaround
-Kickstarter model works for games that appeal to small but rabid fanbases
-Were worried that 2014 was a down year for Kickstarter

Greek God

systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems, systems
Iga adds two teams for Bloodstained's development
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc4Ili3dvwM[/ame]
For this month's update, I'd like to introduce you to our new development team.

First up is DICO, a studio with a long history of localization and global development work. Many of the people here are fans of my work, and they're looking forward to working on the project.
We've gathered a lot of reliable core team members for the project—in fact, one of them is a talented programmer I've worked with in the past. I have high expectations for this team—since they know my previous work inside and out, it will be easy to convey exactly what I envision for the game. DICO will be on the frontline for this stage of the main development.

Next up is Monobit, a group of exceptional programmers who have experience working on game engines. They'll be providing support on all technical aspects of the project. Already they've proven capable of evaluating the challenges of this project from their own point of view and providing solutions that were easy to understand and implement. We're especially impressed by their facility in creating new tools.

Since we're reorganizing the development structure, our development updates may be a little bit less frequent for the moment. But with the help of these two development studios, I believe we'll be able to deliver the quality output that the team and the backers are both anticipating.

Greek God

Ich habe hier ein ganz mieses Gefühl.

Muss nichts bedeuten, aber gerade was Kickstarter betrifft verschätzen sich schon viele westliche Teams und bei gerade die Japaner tun sich hier noch schwerer.
Dann hoffe ich sehr stark das alles hier glatt läuft:ugly:
Nachdem abgesehen von Mighty No9 alle meine wanted Kickstarter Spiele super geworden sind, würde es mich sehr enttäuschen wenn [STRIKE]Castlevania[/STRIKE] Bloodstained ein Fiasko wird. Die Wartezeit wird sich hoffentlich auszahlen wie bei Hyper Light Drifter z.B
...selbst die Vita Version von Bloodstained ist noch im Plan xD

Greek God

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night is "20-30% complete" Says Koji Igarash

- game is roughly 20-30% complete
- Igarashi notes that he needs to increase the pace of development
- the reason Switch is being favored over Wii U is that the game is being developed with Unreal Engine and ported from PC
- the planned release in 2018 also lead to the decision of moving away from Wii U
- there are plans to exhibit Bloodstained at other events and could end up at E3 2017
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1378647